Saturday 14 March 2015

SAMMIE: Eat smart.

Eating smart is one of keys to have a fit body. What do we mean by eating smart? Eating smart is being able to have a healthy diet and a well-balanced meal every day. This consists of eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, way more than the meat and fatty foods that we consume. One way to do this is to follow the food pyramid which I plan to pursue – to eat more greens and minimize fat-enriched foods. I will also avoid carbonated drinks, junk foods and desserts with high-sugar content. To keep track of my diet and the calories I take each day, I plan to download applications from the Apple app store like “Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal” that will me help me monitor my intake. I know that this is easier said than done but as the saying goes, “we are what we eat” and so our physical and mental performance and overall well-being really stems out from the food that we take in.

the food pyramid


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a helpful app! Will definitely start using it :)

    ReplyDelete